Codger on Politics

Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Basis of the Bush Doctrine

Sharansky's "The Case For Democracy:" A Touchstone for the "Bush Doctrine"

For those who think George W. Bush is an intellectual light weight, skim this real quick and see if you can understand the way the world works. I am unimpressed with the disloyal opposition. They argue by repeating themselves and repeating what others say, without a thought.

They assume their listeners share a world view, allowing them to skip the basics in their arguments. This listener doesn’t share the left’s assumptions so should they ever want to influence my thinking (which they probably don’t since I am another dumb Texan), they need to speak my language.

I don’t anticipate that happening, nor do I think they will be introspective enough to consider they need to reexamine their own beliefs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home