Codger on Politics

Friday, February 17, 2012

Do Liberials Think? How about RINOs.

(I leave out conservative republicans because I am therefore I think, I can attest to myself, but the rest of you are in question.)
 
 
“Of late we have been struck powerfully by one such complication, namely the emotional intensity of the opposition to Santorum by some on the center-right. This has led them to criticize him on grounds that are utterly irrational.”
 
”Here's our attempt at an explanation: In liberal metropolises like Los Angeles, Washington and New York (homes of Friedersdorf, Rubin and this columnist, respectively), a high proportion of conservatives have internalized the assumptions of feminism. One of those assumptions is that female sexual freedom, an essential component of sexual equality, is an unadulterated good. Santorum's statements to the contrary challenge this deeply held view.”
 
I find this interesting because it seems to explain why people (right or left) can be so wrong.  They fail to question their assumptions.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home