Codger on Politics

Monday, October 21, 2013

When you can't argue the truth, shout racism

When you can't argue the truth, shout racism
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/20/race-central-fear-angst-us-right

"Finally, there is Obama – the black son of an African immigrant and white mother – who stands as an emblem for all this unease, personifying, in their minds, not only their political impotence today but their demographic irrelevance tomorrow. The word they're most likely to use to describe him is "liar". But their hostility goes beyond his policies and pronouncements to a deeply rooted suspicion of his authenticity."

First Obama isn't black. A black member of the minority class is a victim of the US history of slavery. Obama is from a privileged white family.

Post raciest whites along with post raciest blacks and post raciest hispanics are together the American majority. Also, the majority does not rule, but the majority of participants.

I grew up as a minority of one. I had a higher than average IQ, which many resented. I was fat, which meant I was to be dispised. I developed late so I endured being smaller than my antagonists. I developed a disrespect of the in-crowd, who were generally white, but now days can be black. I ran with a gang of poor white trash who accepted me because we were all paperboys.

I grown beyond that feeling of discrimination. Anyone can join the majority, and we can safely ignore the minority, because they are less likely to participate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home